Monday, August 30, 2010

VI Section A Reading

Posted By KV2 Kalpakkam

Class VI

Section A Reading

The Song of the Engine

When you travel on the railway
And the line goes up a hill,
Just listen to the engine
As it pulls you with a will.


Though it goes so very slowly
It sings this little song,
'I think I can, I think can,'
And so it goes along.


But later on the journey,
When you're going down a hill
The train requires no pulling,
And the engine's singing still,


If you listen very quietly
You will hear this little song,
'I thought I could, I thought I could!
And so it speeds along.
Christine Weatherly


Based on your reading of the poem answer the questions below
( 5*1=5)


1. ‘Line’ in the second stanza stands for
a. the clothesline
b. the railway line
c. lines on the train


2. When the train goes up a hill it has to
a. run
b. pull
c. will

3. Going down a hill is easy for the train as
a. it doesn’t have to sing
b. it doesn’t have to eat
c. it doesn’t have to pull

4. Which is not a song sung by the train ?
a. I think I can ,I think I can
b. I know I would ,I know I would
c. I thought I could ,I thought I could

5. What is the moral of the poem?
a. Old is gold.
b. Where there is a will , there is a way.
c. Make hay while the sun shines

2 comments: