Friday, July 15, 2011

Published in Times Of India

 Don’t Brood (A poem composed )-my own poem

'Is dark beautiful' a quest,
verily a discrimination I detest !
To boost up a spirit of dark
'You are cute' a humbug remark.
Tired of hearing' I am dark but beautiful'
Goes the song of Solomon,so cheerful
Words of consolation,from the FAIR,
Just to see my emotions bare.


'You know,Cleopatra was dark'
Said a bosom aloud to hark !
But her darkness was fairness
No dark can reach that closeness!
Dancing was my passion
But choice of FAIR is till now fashion;
Amidst the audience watching it oh! dear
Developed a complex hiding my tear!

Eyes of guys fixed on FAIR
Looking at 'dark but sweet' very rare;
So in the season of marriages
Rejection finds the 'dark' grow ages!
Wedding bells heard at last
Not the groom fair as in dream so best!
Young ones too emerged;
But black and black well merged!

So generations to go black
And only to find 'fair' as lack?
Whom to blame as days gone by
Feeling the presence of God nearby!
Oh !,don't you hear His voice!
So divine as it goes on rise.
'When I baked my cakes oneday,
I overburnt you my child,don't cry !'
 Mrs.S.Casilda Nimmi
  KV1 Tambaram

No comments:

Post a Comment